Creating a workflow
On Casual, you get to create visual workflows that consist of tasks that depend on each other.
Creating dependencies among existing tasks:
- Move your cursor over to the bottom of the first task;
- Drag an arrow icon down to the second task.
Creating a new task that is dependent on an existing task:
- Move your cursor over to the bottom of an existing task;
- Drag the arrow icon and drop its end anywhere on the canvas; a new task will appear and a dependency between the two will be created automatically.
On Casual, tasks are arranged from top to bottom. You build up a workflow by creating dependencies between tasks. If you have a complex task then simply break it into smaller ones. You can always create a Task Group.
A visual workflow is designed to:
- Make a Project Plan from scratch;
- Track progress made on a project;
- Manage your team & set the deadlines.
You can plan your first project after you get the idea of a workflow.