How do I plan my first project?
A Project Plan consists of tasks that are assigned to particular users or a group of users. You build dependencies between tasks, group tasks, set deadlines and assign executors when constructing your project’s workflow.
You can do it in several ways:
- Drag the New Task icon onto the canvas. Move your cursor over the pencil icon that will appear at the top left corner of the task box to change the task’s name.
- Click Enter to create a draft and drag it onto the canvas. You can type in the task's name straight away and then drag the task box onto the canvas.
- Right-click on the canvas & select Create Task. Move your cursor over to the pencil icon that will appear at the top left corner of the task box after the task appears.
Building up a workflow
You can build dependencies between tasks after you create and name them. This way you create a visual workflow of your Project Plan.
Creating dependencies among the existing tasks:
- Move your cursor over to the bottom of the first task;
- Drag an arrow icon down to the second task.
Create a new task that is dependent on the existing task:
- Move your cursor over to the bottom of an existing task;
- Drag the arrow icon and drop its end anywhere on the canvas; a new task will appear and a dependency between the two will be created automatically.